Town Commission Summary of April 5, 2021
The following is a list of actions taken at the April 5, 2021 Regular Town Commission Meeting. We hope this helps keep our residents informed in a timely fashion regarding Town Commission and Staff activities.
- Presented Former Town Commissioner, Phil Besler, with a Plaque.
- Certified the Election Results of the March 9, 2021 Municipal Election and performed a ceremonial swearing in of the Newly Elected Commissioners.
- Town Manager Stevens named Police Officer Lequandra Beckford as the Employee of the Quarter for January through March 2021.
- Town Auditor, Ron Bennett, presented the FY20 Audit report to the Town Commission, and the Town Commission accepted the report.
- The Annual Town Commission Goal Setting Workshop will be held on April 19th at 5:00 PM at Town Hall. The next Regular Town Commission Meeting will be held on May 3rd at 6:00 PM at Town Hall. The next Planning & Zoning Commission meeting will be held on April 19th at 8:00 AM at Town Hall. The Board of Adjustment Meeting will be held on April 21st at 9:00 a.m. at Town Hall. The next Septic to Sewer Citizens’ Advisory Committee Meeting is to be determined.
- The Town Commission will consider appointments to the following Board positions at the May 3, 2021 Town Commission meeting: Board of Adjustment, two regular members for a three year term; Planning & Zoning Commission, two regular members for a three year term; and Planning & Zoning Commission, one alternate member for a one year term. Interested residents must be registered to vote in Ocean Ridge and submit a resume and letter of interest to the Town Clerk by the deadline of April 21st at 3:00 p.m. Incumbents are exempted from the resume and letter of interest requirement.
- The beach crossovers at Edith Street and Anna Street have re-opened effective April 1st. They will temporarily close for a few days once the contractor is ready to perform the landscaping portion of the project. Check the website for updates which will be posted as we receive them.
- The City of Boynton Beach will be constructing parking lot enhancements at Oceanfront Park from April 5th through April 8th until 8 p.m. on each of those evenings. The upper level of the parking lot will be closed beginning at 2 p.m. during this timeframe. The lower parking area will be available with a temporary entrance & exit access beginning at 2 p.m., only for the specified dates.
- The Town will be providing free shredding services to residents of Ocean Ridge and Briny Breezes on Saturday, April 17, 2021 from 9 a.m. until Noon in the back parking lot at Town Hall. For more information regarding this event, please visit the Town’s website.
- Please join us each month prior to the Town Commission meeting at 5:00 p.m. for the Building Official Educational Forum in the Commission Chambers at Town Hall. Details including topics to be discussed each month are on the Town’s website.
- Residents who wish to sign up to receive important Town notifications and news through Civic Ready should sign up on the Town’s website or call Town Hall for assistance.
- Directed Town Staff to work with individual Commissioners for possible changes to the Rules of Order & Procedures of the Town Commission meetings.
Approved the Consent Agenda including:
- Adopted Minutes of Regular Town Commission Meeting of March 1, 2021.
- Approved Budgeted Expenditure of $619,353.85 to the City of Boynton Beach for the semi-annual installment of the Fire/EMS Services contract.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-04: A Resolution of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Electing Kristine de Haseth as Mayor.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-05: A Resolution of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Electing Susan Hurlburt as Vice Mayor.
- Denied any expansion to the Edith Street Crossover, and directed the contractor on the project to return the crossover to its original condition as described within the hold harmless agreement.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-06: A Resolution of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Designating Depositories for Town Funds; Authorizing the Treasurer or Deputy Treasurer to Sign Town Checks; Authorizing Any One of the Five Town Commissioners to Countersign Town Checks; and Providing that this Resolution Shall Continue in Full Force and Effect Until Modified by Written Notice to Said Depositories.
- Adopted on Second Reading Ordinance No. 2021-01: An Ordinance of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Amending Its Code of Ordinances By Amending Chapter 67 “Buildings and Building Regulations”, Article III “Technical Codes and Other Construction Standards”, Division 2 “Administration and Enforcement”, Section 67-51 “Permit Required”, To Amend the Requirements to Obtain a Demolition Permit and Provide For Penalties; and Amending Section 67-52 “Commencement and Duration of Construction” To Adjust the Timeframes for Construction; Providing for Codification, Repeal of Conflicting Ordinances, Severability, and an Effective Date.
- Adopted on Second Reading Ordinance 2020-02: An Ordinance of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Amending Chapter 64 “Zoning,” Article I “District Regulations” By Amending Section 64-1 “RSF And RSE Single-Family Residential Districts,” Amending Section 64-2 “RMM Medium Density Multiple-Family Residential District,” Amending Section 64-4 “RHM High Density Multiple-Family Residential District,” and Amending Article II “Planned Residential Development” By Amending Section 64-24 “Development Standards” To Decrease the Height of Two-Story Buildings When FEMA Regulations are Implicated and to Adjust the Height of a Parapet So That It Does Not Extend Too Far Above the Roof; Providing for Codification, Repeal of Conflicting Ordinances, Severability, and an Effective Date.
- Approved a six month extension for the Land Development/ Building Permit for Kerrigan Project on Thompson Street with the conditions that the Town receives an extended letter of credit by April 15, 2021, and that the letter of credit amount shall equal to 110 percent of the updated total cost of the off-site improvements. If a letter of credit is not received within the deadline with the conditions provided, then the Town is to call upon the existing letter of credit.
- Denied the lien reduction request for 6010 N. Ocean Blvd.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-07, Approving the release for a Unity of Title for 54 Ocean Avenue with the conditions that a demolition permit be applied for by the applicant, permit issued by the Town, the existing improvements demolished and removed from the site in accordance with Town regulations to the satisfaction of Town Staff, and the demolition permit closed by the Town for the existing single family home.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-08: Approval of Unity of Title for 5 Beachway North.
- Directed Town Manager Stevens to add an agenda item under Commissioner Comments on the May Town Commission Meeting to discuss the variance requirement for dune crossovers under Ordinance 2020-05. The agenda item is to be led by Commissioner Coz.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-09: A Resolution of the Town Commission of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Amending the Adopted Schedule of Fees for Various Services and Providing for an Effective Date.
- Cancelled the April Joint Workshop with the Planning & Zoning Commission with date to be determined within a three month timeframe from April.
- Designated Town Manager Stevens as the Voting Delegate and all Commissioners as the Alternate Voting Delegates to the Palm Beach County League of Cities, Inc.
- Planning & Zoning Commission Vice Chair Carey provided a summary of the Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting of March 15, 2021.
- Town Manager Stevens presented the Town Manager’s report. Important information in the Town Manager’s Report may be found on the Town’s website by clicking here. Town Manager Stevens noted that she will be presenting an item regarding hours of operation for Linear Park at the next meeting.
- Changed the name of the private drive off Thompson Street west of A1A from “Whitney Lane” to “Whitney Way”.
- Police Chief Hutchins provided the Monthly Activity Report for February 2021 and noted that Dispatchers will be honored from April 11-17, 2021 for National Public Safety Telecommunications Week. He reminded residents to stay vigilant.
- Building Official Guy provided his monthly Building Department report for February 2021.
- Deferred discussions regarding Employment Contract Term Limits to the next meeting.
THE NEXT REGULAR TOWN COMMISSION MEETING WILL BE HELD ON MAY 3, 2021 AT 6:00 P.M. AT TOWN HALL.