Town Commission Summary of April 6, 2021
The following is a list of actions taken at the July 6, 2021 Budget Meeting and Regular Town Commission Meeting. We hope this helps keep our residents informed in a timely fashion regarding Town Commission and Staff activities.
- The Town Commission consented to the following Capital Expenditures in the FY22 Budget: Item #4 Police Department Entrance Door Including ADA Setup, Item #5 Maintenance of Town Hall Facility to paint Town Hall, Item #7 Wet Well Maintenance for Pump Stations, Item # 8 Beach Crossover Repairs; Item #9 Pump Repair or Replacement @ Tropical & Woolbright Pump Stations, Item #10 Drainage/Stormwater & Other Infrastructure, Item #12 Ocean Ave Street Light Replacement Program, Item #14 for capital lease option to replace 4 Town vehicles; #15 Commission Chambers Audio System, #17 Valve Can Locators (Town Manager Stevens to research whether this will be covered under ARPA federal stimulus funds), #18 Potable Water Valve Installation Inlet Cay Drive (Town Manager Stevens to research whether this will be covered under ARPA federal stimulus funds); #19 PD All Terrain Vehicle, and #20 Commercial Lawn Mower.
- Deferred the following Capital Items to FY23 until more information is received regarding ARPA federal stimulus funding: Item #6 Fire Hydrant Repair and/or Replacement, Item #11 Potable Water Infrastructure Repair & Replacement. Also deferred Item #13 Paving Plan until FY23.
- Approved capital Item #16 Crown Colony Crosswalk Lighting for up to $10,000 with the condition that Crown Colony Club reimburses the Town.
- Directed Town Manager Stevens and Chief Hutchins to work on an agreement with Enterprise to switch to a capital lease program for the Town’s vehicle fleet.
- Certified the rolled back rate at 5.1384 per $1,000 for FY21/22 and that the Certification of Taxable Value form be executed to reflect this for submission to the Property Appraiser and Tax Collector of Palm Beach County, and the State Department of Revenue.
- Established the maximum millage rate for FY21/22 at 5.65 mils and that this be included on the Certification of Taxable Value form that is forwarded to the Property Appraiser and Tax Collector of Palm Beach County, and the State Department of Revenue.
- Town Manager Stevens presented Jean Hallahan, Town Treasurer and Human Resource Administrator, with the Employee of the Quarter Award.
- A budget meeting will be held on August 2nd at 2:00 PM at Town Hall. The next Regular Town Commission Meeting will be held on August 2nd at 6:00 PM at Town Hall. The next Planning & Zoning Commission meeting will be held on July 19th at 8:00 AM at Town Hall.
- Please join us each month prior to the Town Commission meeting at 5:00 p.m. for the Building Official Educational Forum in the Commission Chambers at Town Hall. Details including topics to be discussed each month are on the Town’s website.
- Residents who wish to sign up to receive important Town notifications and news through Civic Ready should sign up on the Town’s website or call Town Hall for assistance.
- Adopt Minutes of the Regular Town Commission Meeting of June 7, 2021.
- Adopt Minutes of the Special Town Commission Meeting of June 7, 2021 (with the condition that Town Clerk Armstrong will research and potentially amend a public comment).
- Adopt Minutes of the Special Town Commission Meeting of June 22, 2021.
- Accepted the Revenue & Expenditure Report for May 2021.
- Approved Lien Satisfaction for 77 Island Drive, Ocean Ridge, FL 33435.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-11: A Resolution of the Town Commission of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Authorizing the Execution of a State Highway Lighting, Maintenance, and Compensation Agreement with Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and Providing an Effective Date.
- Designated Mayor de Haseth as the Voting Delegate for the Florida League of Cities Annual Meeting.
- Appointed Roger Brinner to the Planning & Zoning Commission as an Alternate Member for a One-Year Term.
- Adopted on Second Reading Ordinance No. 2021-03: An Ordinance of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Amending Its Code of Ordinances at Chapter 64, “Zoning”, Article III “Supplemental Regulations”, Section 64-41 “Accessory Uses, Buildings and Structures Generally” to Address the Allowance of Dune Crossovers by Administrative Special Exception if Seaward of the 1979 Coastal Construction Control Line and to Address Dune Crossover Steps; Providing for Codification, Repeal Of Conflicting Ordinances, Severability, and an Effective Date.
- Adopted on Second Reading Ordinance No. 2021-04: An Ordinance of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Amending Its Code of Ordinances at Chapter 62, “Waterways”, by Renaming Chapter 62 to “Waterways and Parks”, Creating a New Article IV, “Parks”, and Creating a New Section 62-61 “Hours For Parks”, to Address the Operating Hours for Public Parks Located Within the Town; Providing for Codification, Repeal of Conflicting Ordinances, Severability, and an Effective Date.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-12: A Resolution of the Town Commission of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Setting Park Hours, and Providing an Effective Date. The new hours for Linear Park are now sunrise to sunset.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-13: A Resolution of the Town Commission of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Florida, Amending the Adopted Schedule of Fees for Various Services and Providing an Effective Date.
- Planning & Zoning Commission Chair Mark Marsh provided a summary of the Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting of June 21, 2021.
- Town Manager Stevens presented the Town Manager’s report. Important information in the Town Manager’s Report may be found on the Town’s website by clicking here.
- Chief Hutchins provided the monthly Police Department Report for April 2021.
- Building Official Guy provided the monthly Building Department report for April 2021.
THE NEXT TOWN COMMISSION BUDGET MEETING WILL BE HELD ON AUGUST 2, 2021 AT 2:00 P.M. AT TOWN HALL, WITH THE REGULAR TOWN COMMISSION MEETING TO FOLLOW AT 6:00 P.M. AT TOWN HALL.