2024 Municipal Election Information
This page contains general information regarding the Municipal Election of 2024. This aims to keep residents informed. For more information regarding elections, please call the Town Clerk at 561-732-2635.
2024 Election Information
- The next Municipal General Election (nonpartisan) is scheduled on Tuesday, March 19, 2024.
- It runs concurrent with the Presidential Preference Primary Election.
- Offices up for election are:
- Commissioner - 3-year Term Ending March 2027.
- Commissioner - 3- Year Term Ending March 2027.
- Commissioner - 2-Year Term Ending March 2026.
Qualifications to Run for Office
- Candidates must be a citizen of the United States.
- Candidate must be a registered voter within Palm Beach County.
- Candidates must be both domiciled within the Town limits and a qualified elector of the Town of Ocean Ridge, Palm Beach County, State of Florida.
- Candidates must retain such qualifications during their tenure and occupancy of said office.
How to Become a Candidate
- Persons interested in becoming a candidate must file an Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Depository for Candidates with the Town Clerk prior to opening a campaign account.
THE QUALIFYING PERIOD HAS NOW CLOSED
- Candidates must file qualification papers and pay a qualifying fee no earlier than Noon, Monday, November 6, 2023, and no later than Noon, Friday, November 17, 2023
- The Town Clerk is the Qualifying officer and Supervisor of Elections for the Town of Ocean Ridge Municipal Elections.
- Candidates Persons interested in running for the office of Commissioner must schedule an appointment with the Town Clerk's Office.
Campaign Finance Reporting for Qualified Candidates
Nicholas "Nick" Arsali
Geoff Pugh (Incumbent)
Ainar Dalton Aijala Jr.
Any person wishing to become a registered voter can complete an application form which can be obtained at the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections, before the registration books close (29 days before an election). Once registered, Voter Registration cards are mailed and reflect each voter’s precinct and polling place for all elections.
General Voting Information:
Residents vote on Commissioners and at the first Town Commission meeting after elections, the Commission selects, from among its members, by a majority vote, a Mayor and a Vice Mayor.
Apply to be a poll worker online via the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections website.
Deadline to Register to vote- February 20, 2024
Logic and Accuracy Test for Voting Machines - TBD
Public Viewing of Ballots - TBD
VBM Opening/ Tabulation/ Duplication - TBD
Deadline to request Vote By Mail ballot to be mailed to you - 5:00 pm on March 7, 2024
Deadline to return Vote by Mail Ballot - 7:00 pm on March 19, 2024
Municipal Voting Day in Ocean Ridge - March 19, 2024
To Register to vote or request your vote by mail ballot, please contact the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Election at 561-656-6200 or click here to visit their website.